Thursday, May 7, 2009

My Professional Profile


I’ve come to realize that no one is perfect; we all make mistakes. However, I want to make a difference in people’s lives and lead by example. I want to accept all of the mistakes I have made and realize I will make many more. My mistakes help me to learn and become a better person; they shape who I am. Every day is a new lesson and another chance to practice my beliefs. My desire to see that there is good in everyone allows me to try and keep a positive outlook on life and the world in general. I try not to focus on all the bad, rather I dig and try to find what little good there is and shine a light on it.

I am not a religious or spiritual person; however, I believe in simple things such as The Golden Rule and living it out in my daily life.My upbringing and deep devotion to being a good person guide me towards improving myself and the lives of those around me continually. I believe that leading an honest, hardworking, inspiring life that I can make a difference in the lives of everyone I touch and hopefully even a small difference in the world. It all starts with one person, and that's going to be me.

My mission, personally and professionally is:

· To always find the good in someone or something
· To lead others by setting a good example of myself
· To follow The Golden Rule and treat others the way I would like to be treated
· To always give more than my best and always strive for improving
· To base my decisions on morally and ethically sound values
· To always give everyone a fair chance and never to pre-judge
· To never let the pressures of my job or life cloud my thoughts, morals, values, or decision-making
· To remain competitive in my career, but always friendly and fair
· To be a role model and a teacher
· To touch people’s lives
· To help those around me and even those I do not know
· To always be true to myself and NEVER settle
· To allow all of my qualities and creativity to blossom
· To put forth my best effort in everything I commit to doing
· To push others to strive to do their best in whatever they commit to
· To inspire those around me and those who view me and/or my work

I volunteer my time as much as possible to places such as the local homeless center, tutoring at the grade-school, or participating in charity events. Helping others out gives me a euphoric feeling and I can immediately see how even the smallest of help or donations can really make a difference. I promise myself that I will volunteer and do all that I can in my communities locally, and around the world to make a difference.

Sometimes it’s hard to keep a positive outlook on life; often times we feel that we are just one person and what can we do that’s going to make a difference in the big picture? I like to remind myself of this quote by Brandi Snyder each day, “To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment